The Putnam County Courthouse burned during the Civil War and then again in 1899. There was a substantial loss of marriage records due to these fires.
The Jackson County Courthouse burned in 1872 with a complete loss of records.
Below are links to various databases and transcriptions.
- Putnam County, TN Reconstructed Marriage Database: Marriage dates extracted from difference resources including pension applications, newspaper accounts, Bible records, etc.
- Putnam County, TN Marriage: Marriages from the records at the Putnam County Marriage Books
- Putnam, Jackson, & Clay Counties: Marriages From TN Confederate Pension: Marriage dates extracted from TN Confederate Widow's Pensions
- Putnam County, TN Divorces: Divorces extracted from Circuit Court Records
- Jackson County, TN: Marriages extracted from Jackson County, TN Marriage records
- Various Anniversary Announcements