Tombstone PhotosThere are over 15,000 tombstone photos from Putnam and White County, Tennessee (soon Jackson County). The photos are stored in an easy to use Smug Mug Gallery. A Google Map of the cemetery location is provided, along with a list of surnames from the photos.
Digital DocumentsThere are a variety of Digital Documents available for viewing. For Putnam County Tennessee, Civil War Pension Applications and Widow's Pension Applications, both Confederate and Union, may be viewed from the Veteran's Bio Page. Death Certificates for Putnam, Jackson, and White County's can be viewed from the Death Certificate Database. Currently, only records from 1914 - 1928 are available. The remaining years will be added at a future date.
DatabasesSearchable databases include Death Certificates from Jackson, Putnam and White Counties; Deeds from Putnam County; and Marriage Records from Putnam County. All of these are transcriptions from original records.
And More . . .Also available are indexes to some county records, transcriptions of genealogical records, family photos, historical markers, family bios, . . . and much much more.
God grant me the serenity to accept the ancestors I cannot find, the courage to find the ones I can, and the wisdom to document thoroughly.
This site is undergoing renovation and continual research. Records are being added as time permits.
I became interested in researching my ancestors just after the death of my grandmother in 1997. What started out as a part-time hobby quickly took hold and became an obsession. I started this website in 2001 as a way to memorialize my ancestors and publish my research. What started out as a few pages has evolved into a website with over 800 pages of information. The majority of this research is focused on Putnam, Jackson and White Counties in Tennessee, as this is where my ancestors are from. Once they settled in this area, they remained there until my parents left in the 1950s.
- Cemeteries: There are over 15,000 tombstone photos (mostly from Putnam County, Tennessee) online in the Virtual Cemetery (a SmugMug Gallery). There are nearly 200 different cemeteries listed, with more going online as time and the weather permits. In addition, there are transcriptions of various cemeteries for Jackson, Putnam and White Counties.
- Death Records: The Death Certificate Database contains a transcription over 12,000 death records from Jackson, Putnam and White Counties. Images for Death Records in the years 1914- 1929 and 1947 are online.
- Deeds: The Deed Database contains a transcription of Putnam County Deed index for multiple Deed books.
- Marriage Records: Bettie Doyle has transcribed over 8700 marriage records for Putnam County. Marriage records from various other sources are also provided.
- Obituaries: Obituaries from the The Cookeville Press and Putnam County Herald have been transcribed and are organized by year.
- Wills: Indexes to various Will books have been transcribed for Putnam and White Counties.
- Civil War Veterans: This research project is ongoing. It is an attempt to identify and provide a brief biography of all the men who served in the military during the American Civil War.
- Military Records: Transcription of service records for various Civil War Regiments and transcription of various Military Pension Applications.